* Performer Life


As earlier, I'm going to start writing out some of my thoughts about my daily life, and share insights that I have.  Thank you for following along with me. The life of a performer.  Some people might think it's the life of a rock star when they see that we are in front of crowds, stages, lights, music - blasting away at our passions as a full time career.  And they are right to a degree!  But it's about 5%.  The other 95% is training, booking gigs, ordering stuff, re-ordering stuff (haha), handling clients, working with performers, choreography, etc.  Today is another "Paperwork" day.  I have to write two proposals, coordinate the performers for those shows and then program some pixel poi for a gig that's happening in two days. My life is a nice blend between Youtube, performance and being a dad.  One thing I've always done well is explore.  Whether it's exploring new moves on nunchaku, or exploring new performance opportunities.  I'm attaching a video to show you a somewhat secret (well not too secret) project that I've been working on.  The animations aren't matching my flow yet, but this was a test to see if I could pull it off.  I've been working on something called "Projection mapping".  I really think it's the future of shows, and I can't wait to see how this is all going to turn out! Lately, performing has really picked up, so I've been working furiously to meet the demands of shows. I have 7 shows happening in the next week!  So, I don't know if you knew this, but I am a booking agent for "Flowtricks Entertainment" (find it on http://www.flowtricks.com/ ).  I book groups of performers for corporate shows usually. 


I never thought there'd come a day where I'd be a manger and booking agent...but here I am! 🙂  It's actually pretty fun.  I think later, I will give more tips how you can book your own gigs, if you ever want to perform with your nunchaku and make part-time pay with it. Anyways, that's all I wanted to share today.  Just some thoughts about the performer life.  I hope you all are doing amazingly well! 

Categories
This post belongs to...

Like it? Share with your friends!

0

What's Your Reaction?

wtf wtf
0
wtf
damn damn
0
damn
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
scary scary
0
scary
cute cute
0
cute
omg omg
0
omg
Like Like
0
Like
fail fail
0
fail
win win
0
win
confused confused
0
confused
Ken Hill

Black Belt

Owner of Flowtricks. I love spinning!

0 Comments

Choose A Format
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Gif
GIF format